Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps little businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transfer of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and erase services of Dancing Numbers software .
Get a 7 day free trial now!! In QuickBooks Online, there is a benefit of time-saving that is done for you by providing you the feature to prepare the 1099s imprint for you. You can easily process and file 1099s with QuickBooks Online by using your history information .
Below, you will get a complete guide to know how to process the 1099s shape in QuickBooks Online with the IRS when you want to pay cash to contractors.
What is the Difference Between Employee and Independent Contractor?
The differences between Employee and Independent Contractor are mentioned here :
- There is a contract between the employee and employer. Whether it is a contract of employment or benefits such as insurance, vacation, 401k contributions, and more. The employer is required to process and file 1099s with QuickBooks Online for all the considerable persons as independent contractors.
- The classification of an employee depends on the control type of employee from the employer. But the Independent Contractor knows and decides on their own about how and what to work. Also, they won’t have to reimburse the expenses and can dictate the payment for the services on their own.
What is the 1099 Form?
The 1099 shape is an IRS form that records your money for non-employee. There are a few types of IRS 1099 forms but you must know about the 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC. There are some due dates to file these forms as these forms are used for Tax charge. You have to file the 1099-NEC form before January 31 and the 1099-MISC shape before March 31 if you do it digitally .
How to Process and File 1099s with QuickBooks Online?
For work and filing a 1099 form, you must be mindful of the end date of filing the tax with the IRS. here is the operation that you have to follow to process and file 1099s with QuickBooks Online well .
Step 1: Set up 1099 Accounts in QuickBooks Online
In this step, you have to adjust the account but if you are filing tax for non-employee compensation then it is not required to adjust your accounts according to it. This option is used for the people who have contractors with them. In case, if you are paying them using another mood of requital then you have to adjust the accounts consequently. Update the lapp with your accountant .
Step 2: Generate 1099 using QuickBooks Online
once you have set up 1099 Accounts in QuickBooks Online, then you can either e-file the tax or print and mail it. But beginning, you must by rights organize the payments and contractors. You can run 1099 reports in QuickBooks Online to determine the measure paid to each contractor .
If you want to generate 1099 through QuickBooks Online, follow the steps outlined below :
- First select Contractors from the Payroll menu.
- Or you can also click Expenses.
- Then go to the Vendors option.
- After that, you have to choose Prepare 1099s.
- Once Done select Let us get started.
- Now Examine the Personal Information and make sure it is correct.
- The following step is to mark all of the payment methods you used to Pay Your Contractors during this fiscal period.
- Once Done click on the Next option.
- Then you need to check the Contractor’s Information. If a Contractor’s Name isn’t on the list:
- Select Add from Vendor List.
- Choose the Contractors who are missing.
- Hit on the Button named Next.
- Now you need to check that the amount for each payment method is correct. The payment is divided into 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC forms.
- Once Done next should be clicked.
- Finally, you need to select any of the following options
- E-file for me, for Electronically Filing the 1099s.
- I will file myself, making a printout to mail to the IRS.
- For the payment type mentioned in step 5, most employers choose Non-employee compensation. After consulting with an accountant, you should make a well-informed decision.
- Any electronic payments made to contractors, such as credit/debit cards, gift cards, and so on, will not appear because such transactions are reported automatically by the bank. You should, however, always double-check the amount you paid your contractors.
Step 3: E-file the 1099s through QuickBooks Online
When you ’ ve already created the 1099s using QuickBooks on-line, it ’ randomness time to file them electronically. here are the steps to follow if you want to do the same :
- First, when you have finished preparing the 1099s in QuickBooks online, select the E-file for me.
- Now Check the information on the 1099s, then click Continue.
- After that Choose the 1099s that you want to Submit.
- The following step is to rectify the remaining errors.
- You have to go further By clicking the button.
- After that Enter Your Billing information.
- Once Done, hit on the Approve button.
- Then Examine the Number of 1099s.
- The following step is to Review the Payments associated with them.
- Then you must Click the Continue button.
- Now choose a delivery method for the Contractor’s Copies. These copies are used by contractors to file their own taxes.
- The next step is to check the Contractor’s Email Addresses. The forms will be emailed to each of these contractors automatically.
- Then you must Click the Continue button.
- Now you need to Click View Forms to get Copy A of the form that was sent to the IRS. And if you want to find the other copies can be found on the home page.
- Then you must Click the Continue button.
- Finally, you need to select Submit the completed forms.
- If no such option appears, it is because you configured the delivery method when you set up the contractor.
- Examine all of the information before clicking the submit button. Any previously submitted incorrect forms cannot be corrected using QuickBooks online.
- Copy A can be kept as a record of the tax payment. This form does not need to be mailed to the IRS.
Step 4: Verify the Tax Filing Status
once you create and file an IRS 1099 class, you will be notified of the form ’ second condition for ratification. This confirmation status will be sent to the e-mail address you provided. You can access the filing status through your e-file report. You must understand the condition of your shape based on the electronic mail you received. There are three statuses that can be written in the e-mail, and they are all explained below :
- Submitted: This indicates that you have submitted the 1099s form through your QuickBooks Online account.
- IRS Received: The tax you filed or submitted to the IRS is being processed or has already been processed. If it is processed, the IRS will send you a confirmation email within a week.
- Not Submitted: You have not submitted the 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC forms.
You get all the information to process and file 1099s with QuickBooks Online. You have to follow the process from setting it up to filing 1099s for tax. After that check the filing status to make sure there is no problem with your e-filing .
now that you have a complete lead on How to Process and File 1099s with QuickBooks Online .
For any issues, queries, or glitches you can connect with the Dancing Numbers team to get the solutions or answers for your problems. The team members are available 365 days a year to provide you with the best aid .
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional technical to get the right aid for your problems ? here, we have a team of professional and feel team members to fix your technical foul, functional, data remove, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in partake with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Is any Setup required to Set up a Contractor for 1099-MISC before Process and Filing 1099s with QuickBooks Online?
Yes, you have to do the apparatus of contractors or vendors into your QuickBooks explanation. After that, you have to file the shape 1099s .
Is there any last date to Process and File 1099s with QuickBooks Online Electronically?
Yes, there is a due date to file IRS kind 1099 with your QuickBooks Online. The due dates are duffer form to form. If you are filing 1099 MISC then you have time till March 31. If you file 1099-NEC then you have time till January 31 .
What if I Want to Process and File 1099s with QuickBooks Online for the Previous Year?
If you use Tax1099 then you may be able to file up to 2 years prior tax years without any QuickBooks integration. differently, it is not possible to file tax for last year or any previous year. You can lone process and file 1099s for the prior tax class whether you do it in QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, or Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced .
What if I Made any Mistake while Processing and Filing 1099s with QuickBooks Online?
In this case, you have to directly work with the IRS. This helps you to make steer manual amendments to IRS 1099 forms. Follow the instructions properly to do so without facing any issues .
Can I Report the Contractor’s Payments done from the Credit Card after Processing and Filing 1099s with QuickBooks Online?
No, you don ’ t need to report any of the payments done digitally as it automatically reports to the IRS through your bank. So you don ’ t have to take any action.
Read more: 8 Top Dividend Index Funds | The Motley Fool
I have Hired Freelancers and Paid them through Check. Do I need to Report Such Transactions?
Yes, you need to report such transactions to the IRS through the 1099s. however, any electronic payments made to freelancers don ’ t have to be reported .
What are the Steps to Access Previously Filed 1099s Form or Access the Archived Forms while or after the process and Filing 1099s with QuickBooks Online?
You can well access previously file forms or from archives that are in specific date ranges from January 01 to April 30. The steps to do sol are as follows :
In QuickBooks Online, snap on the Payroll Tax option
then, choose 1099 filings
After that, choose View 1099 option to watch and check PDF copy .