How much does Aspiration cost?
aspiration has two Spend and Save plan options :
|Plan||Monthly fee||APY||Cashback rewards||ATMs||Features|
|Aspiration||$0||Up to 3%||3 to 5% cash back on Conscience Coalition purchases||55,000 free in-network ATMs||
|Aspiration Plus||$7.99 or $5.99 a month if you pay annually||Up to 5%||10% cash back on Conscience Coalition purchases||
||Everything in the basic plan, plus:
What’s Plant Your Change and how does it work?
Plant Your Change is an opt-in feature that rounds your Aspiration debit card purchases to the nearest dollar. For every dollar you round up, Aspiration will establish a tree .
How do I open a Aspiration Spend & Save Account?
You can apply for the Aspiration Spend & Save Account on-line within minutes :
- Select Apply now.
- From Aspiration’s website, enter your email address and click Get Started.
- Create your password, read and agree to the terms and conditions and click Next.
- Enter your full name and date of birth and click Next.
- Enter your Social Security number and click Next.
- Enter your address and phone number and click Next.
- Choose whether or not you want to round up your purchases, then click Continue.
- Connect to your existing bank account through Plaid, by finding your bank and signing in.
- Follow the prompts to complete your application, fund your account with an opening deposit. Then review your deposit and submit your application.
Sign up for the Spend & Save Account when you meet these requirements :
- US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 or older
- Have a Social Security number
- Have a permanent US address
- Initial deposit of $10
Be prepared to give the follow information when you sign up :
- Personal information like your name and birthday
- Contact details including phone number and address
- Social Security number
- Employment information
- Exisiting bank account
Compare Aspiration Spend & Save Account to similar accounts
We gathered a quick comparison of similar accounts to help you decide if Aspiration Spend & Save Account is mighty for you. For more options, choose “ Compare accounts ” to compare even more accounts for your bank needs .
What are the benefits of the Aspiration Spend & Save Account?
The Aspiration Spend and Save account lets you support charities that change the global and has FDIC-insured deposits up to $ 2 million, american samoa well as these benefits :
- Signup bonus. New customers get a $150 bonus when they open an account and spend $1,000 in the first 60 days. Aspiration Plus members get a $200 bonus.
- Aspiration Impact Measurement. Check the impact of your spending with its two ratings: a People Score and a Planet Score. The higher your score, the more confidence you have knowing your money is going toward improving the world.
- Minimal fees. Unless you opt for the Plus account, there’s no mandatory monthly fee. You also won’t pay anything for overdrafts and service charges are lower than its competitors. For example, wire transfers only cost you what Aspiration pays: $0.82.
- High APYs. Earn up to 5.00% APY on your Save balance as long as you’re a Plus member and meet these requirements. But even if you don’t upgrade to Aspiration Plus, you can still earn 3% APY on balances up to $10,000 if you meet the monthly $1,000 spending requirement.
- Free ATM usage. Use any Allpoint ATM in the US for free. Aspiration doesn’t charge fees for using ATMs outside of this network, but you’re still subject to operator fees. And if you’re a Plus member, you’re entitled to one ATM reimbursement a month.
- Cashback rewards. Earn cash back whenever you use your Aspiration debit card at stores under the Conscience Coalition.
How can I earn 5% APY on my Aspiration Spend and Save account?
You ’ ll earn 5 % APY on the first $ 10,000 in your report a long as you meet both of the follow requirements :
- Enroll in Aspiration Plus
- Spend at least $1,000 or more with the Aspiration debit card
If you don ’ thymine meet the spend requirement, the APY will drop to 0.25 % or 0.10 % for balances over $ 10,000. And if you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate upgrade to Aspiration Plus, you can hush earn 3.0 % APY on balances up to $ 10,000 by spend at least $ 1,000 each calendar month. otherwise, you won ’ t earn any interest .
Daily spending and transfer limits
There is a $ 1,000 day by day limit for cash withdrawals from an ATM and a $ 4,000 casual limit for PIN purchases or any charges requiring your key signature. You ’ ll besides be limited to a $ 5,000 daily outgoing transmit limit and a $ 1,000 casual incoming transfer specify. These limits only apply to transfers made on the Aspiration ’ s on-line chopine. For the first gear 30 days after you open your account, you ’ ll have lower limits on ATM withdrawals, debit poster purchases and transfers. once you ’ ve been with Aspiration for more than 90 days, your incoming transfer limit may change depending on your account type .
What to watch out for
here are a few things to watch out for when opening an account with aspiration :
- Requirements to earn max APY. To earn Aspiration’s best interest rate, you must be an Aspiration Plus member and pay $7.99 per month ($5.99 per month if you pay annually). You’ll also need to spend at least $1,000 with your Aspiration debit card each month.
- No physical branches. Aspiration operates entirely online, meaning you’ll need to call or go online to contact customer service, and check deposits can only be made through your mobile app.
- Limited product selection. As an investment firm, Aspiration doesn’t offer savings accounts, money market accounts, CDs and other common accounts, so you might want to keep looking if you want all your accounts at one institution. This also means you can’t link your account for overdraft protection.
- Required bank account. To complete your application, you’ll need to link to your existing bank account. You don’t have the option of skipping this application step and connecting your account at a later time.
If you ’ re looking for an account with more branch locations, you ’ ll want to keep looking. As constantly compare your options when choosing a check account .
Is Aspiration Spend & Save Account safe?
Yes. ambition accounts are insured by the FDIC for up to $ 2.46 million dollars. This level of indemnity is importantly higher than most other cash management accounts because Aspiration has relationships with 10 spouse banks, each of which can insure your deposits for up to $ 246,000. aspiration is besides regulated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ( FINRA ), which protects investors by evaluating and regulating products from broker-dealers.
Aspiration Spend & Save Account reviews and complaints
aspiration is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau ( BBB ), which gives it a D+ military rank based on more than 160 complaints in the by three years. And based on closely 30 customer reviews on the BBB ’ s web site, Aspiration has an average rat of 1.63 out of 5 stars. On Trustpilot, Aspiration earns an average of 3.2 out of 5 stars based on 138 reviews. Many of the reviews and complaints on both sites relate to issues accessing accounts and withdrawing deposit funds. Several besides mention negative experiences with customer support specialists .
How do I make deposits or withdrawals?
Despite being online-only, it ’ second easy to entree money in the Aspiration Spend & Save Account :
- Mobile check deposit
- Direct deposit
- Online transfers
- Wire transfers
- Visit any ATM worldwide
- Bill pay
- Wire transfer
- Online transfers
How do I contact customer service?
To get in equal with Aspiration customer service you can :
- Call: 800-683-8529
- Tweet: @Aspiration
- Email: Fill out the form on the Aspiration contact page
What other products does Aspiration offer?
Aspiration Financial is an investment broker-dealer and can help you grow your investments or save for retirement, all while donating to charity .
With a $ 10 minimal deposit, you can get started with Aspiration ’ s managed funds :
- Redwood Fund. Invest in companies that support sustainable environmental policies.
- Flagship Fund. Invest in multiple mutual funds at once to spread your risk.
Open an IRA with a $ 10 minimal deposit. Choose between the Redwood IRA and Flagship IRA .
Frequently asked questions
ambition commits to donating 10 % of its earnings to charity. It maintains multiple funds to disperse its contributions, including the Poverty Fund, Water Fund, Education Fund and Environment Fund. When you refer a friend, Aspiration donates $ 25 to the charity of your option and another $ 25 to one of your ally ’ s .
ambition looks at where you ’ ra outgo your money. Your score is determined by the stores you ’ re shopping at and whether those businesses are socially or environmentally impacting the world in a positivist way .
No. It doesn ’ t have any accounts that are specifically designed for students, but that doesn ’ thymine prevent students from opening an bill if they are 18 .
You can earn cash back on your purchases through these merchants :
- Arcadia Power
- Blue Apron
- Cloud paper
- FEED Projects
- Girlfriend Collective
- Mperfect foods
- Tony´s Chocolonely
- This saves lives
- Warby Parker
- Zero Waste Store
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — excellent ★★★★★ — well ★★★★★ — average ★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor We analyze crown check accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include : monthly fees, the relief at which monthly fees can be waived, the width of ATM entree, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service. Read the full methodology of how we rate checking accounts .