How to Create a Professional Author Page in Amazon Author Central
Using Amazon Author Central and creating an writer page can make a big difference in your book sales. It proves your legitimacy as an generator and gives you certain functions and capabilities on Amazon to convert readers into fans. sadly, creating a professional Amazon Author Page can feel daunting with all the different steps. But do n’t worry, because I ‘m about to show you step-by-step how you can create a antic Author Central Page and super-effective tactics to help boost your sales and follower numbers.
- What is Amazon Central and how to set it up
- What is an Author Page, and why you need one
- What to include in your professional Author Page
- How to add awesome features to your Page that most people don’t know about!
- An example of a stellar author’s page that we helped create – Michael Hyatt!
In this article, you will learn :
What is Amazon Author Central?
many authors will set up their Kindle Direct Publishing ( KDP ) account and publish their script. however, they ‘ll forget to set up an account on Amazon Author Central. so, what is Amazon Author Central, and what does it do ? It ‘s the platform that allows you to set up your Author page on Amazon, ampere well as :
- Add the Editorial Reviews section for your book – WHICH IS SUPER CRITICAL!
- Track your Book Rankings
- See and Respond to Reviews
- Chat with Your Readers
- Fix Issues with Your Book Listings
Anyone with a book listed on Amazon can sign up for an Author Central account. And to take advantage of your Author Page, you ‘re going to need one.
What is an Amazon Author Page?
An Amazon Author Page is like your personal sport page on Amazon. It ‘s where people can learn more about you, see ( and buy ) all your books, find your web site, blog, and social media all in one spotlight on Amazon. It ’ s an extension of your generator platform, which you ‘re credibly trying to build. Your Amazon Author Page is crucial. It will help you sell more books by grouping them all on one page for your fans to find, builds your authenticity as an author, and helps your fans connect with you in more places. If you aren ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate familiar with Author Pages, go to Amazon immediately and type in a random koran claim. When you look at a book on Amazon, the author ’ s name is below the title. If it has a hyperlink ( a link you can click on ), you can click to see that author ’ s Amazon Page. hera is a peek at Jeff Goins ‘ generator page, the master on how to write a book – and do n’t worry, I ‘ll show you how to set one up that looks good like it ! Bonus: Download Dave’s free printable checklist with each step to creating your Amazon Author Page here!
Download the checklist here : download Dave ‘s spare printable checklist with each step to creating your Amazon Author Page here !
What Goes Into a Professional Author Page
To make a leading writer page, you should include the be :
- Compelling Biography
- Professional Author Photo(s)
- All of Your Books
- Book Trailers or Other Promotional Videos
- Feed to Your Blog Posts
- +Follow Button
- Social Media and Website Information
The capital news is, it ’ randomness superintendent simple to create an writer Central account and a professional Author Page that will help turn potential readers into your lifelong fans.
So, to get started, let ‘s create an Amazon Author Central report.
Create Your Author Central Amazon Account
first, you ’ ll need to sign up for an Author Central account before you can make your Author Page. You must have a book for sale on Amazon to get an Author Central bill.
If you already have an Author Central Amazon account, you get a free pass to Step 2 – setting up your writer page.
If you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate have an author Central report so far, here ’ s how to do it.
How To Setup Your Author Central Account
- Go to https://authorcentral.amazon.com/ and click “Join for free.”
- Sign in with your regular Amazon username and password. If you don’t have an account, select “I am a new customer.” You’ll need to give a little more information.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, then click “Accept.”
- Enter your author name, pen name, or book title into the search field. A list of possible books appears. (Once your account gets set up, you can add more titles by clicking on the “Books” tab in the navigation menu and select the blue button labeled “Add a Book.”)
- Select any one of your books to create the account. If your book is not on the list, you can search for it by title or ISBN. (Note: Your book must be available for purchase on Amazon to set up an Author Central Amazon Account.)
- Amazon will send you a confirmation email to finish creating the account. (Amazon may contact your publisher(s) as an additional measure to verify your identity, which may take three to seven days.)
While you ’ ra waiting for confirmation, you can start adding data to your Author Page. You can not add or make changes to your books or web log until your identity is confirmed, but don ’ t let that stop you from getting started. You can start adding things like pictures and a bio right away.
Your Amazon #Author Page is where you turn readers into fans
Click To Tweet
How to Set Up Your Amazon Author Page
Your generator page is an propagation of your author platform. You should update it with your new books, photos, courses, or video recording as you create them.
pace 1. Add an interesting biography
Tell electric potential readers about yourself. You hopefully already have an author bio crafted with carefully selected keywords you want to connect to you and your books.
Consider including interesting facts about your background, awards, hobbies, gallant projects, and things that legitimize you as an author and connect you with readers. Your bio should besides mention where people can find you on social media and your web site or web log. K.M. Weiland even has links to her absolve opt-in gifts in her bio !
How To Add Your Biography To Your Author Page
- Click on the Profile tab, find “Your Biographies,” and click on “Add bio.” (If you already have one, you’ll see an “Edit” button instead.)
- Copy and paste (or type) your biography into the space provided.
- Click “Preview biography” to review your work, then click “Save biography.”
You can type immediately in Amazon Central, but it ’ second best practice to have your copy of the information saved. Create it in Word, Evernote, or some early instrument first, then copy and paste it into your Amazon profile.
You ‘ll need to keep it plain text ( no fancy bold, italics, HTML, etc. ) and make it at least 100 characters to meet Amazon ’ south requirements.
footfall 2. Add a photo(s) to your profile
Show potential readers who you are – a actual and interest person who writes books. Some authors include one professional headshot, while others have a diverseness of professional and personal pictures. You might add an image of your family if that will resonate with your target audience, or add a photograph of you speaking if you ’ re a professional speaker. Honoree Corder did a fantastic job of not lone including a great profile word picture but besides some stellar pictures in her Author Updates on her Author page :
How to Add a Profile Photo to Your Author Page Profile
- Make sure your photo is square and at least 300 x 300 pixels.
- On the Profile tab, click “Upload New Photo.” If you already have a photo and want to update it, click the blue pencil icon.
- Select a picture from your computer and click “Open.”
- Click “Publish.”
How to Add Extra Photos or Videos to Your Profile
- On the profile tab, click “Upload New Media.”
- Choose whether to upload a photo or video.
- Select the media from your computer and click “Open.”
- You can sort your media by clicking the dropdown button and choosing “newest to oldest” or “oldest to newest.”
Step 3. Add your blog feed
You can show teasers from your latest blog posts by connecting your blog to your profile page on Author Central. When you add something to your web log, it will automatically update on your Amazon page. It should increase traffic to your web log and keep readers connected to you.
Note: The blog feature only works for the US market ( Amazon.com ) and requires your web log to have a dot com ( .com ) cover.
Joanna Penn ‘s page shows she is on top of it with her web log updates mechanically synced to her Author page.
How to Add Your Blog Feed to Your Author Page
- On the Profile tab, find “Blog Updates” and click “Add blog.”
- Enter the RSS feed address for your blog, then click “Add.” Note: Make sure you enter the feed address, not the blog address.
- If you use WordPress, add /feed/ to your blog’s URL. For example, if your blog is named WackyWriter, and is at https://wackywriter.wordpress.com, your feed address would be https://wackywriter.wordpress.com/feed/.
- If you use Blogger, use either of the following formats (replace yourblogname with the name of your blog). http://yourblogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss OR http://yourblogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
- For more help with this step, Amazon has a post that will help.
step 4. Add video
Having a book video or author television can kick your author Page up a notch and make it look more authoritative and legit !
You can upload up to fifty videos and choose the order that they appear on your page. There are three significant rules to follow.
- Your video must be less than 10 minutes long.
- It must be in one of these formats: AVI, FLV, MOV, MPG, WMV, and MP4.
- Smaller than 500 MB.
There are more video guidelines, such as avoiding distasteful or obscene subject, but I hope that goes without saying. Check out Chandler Bolt ‘s author page, the ridicule who ‘s leading in self-publishing, to see his television in military action.
How to Add a Video to Your Amazon Author Page
- On the Author Central Profile tab, find the section labeled “Photos and Videos.”
- Click “Upload Media.”
- Choose “Upload Video.”
- Select a file from your computer.
- Once the upload finishes, you’ll see a success message. Click “OK.”
Step 5. Check your +Follow button
The chicken +Follow button will be on your writer page by default unless you ’ ve changed your settings. The adopt button lets people concern in your work catch updates when you ’ ve released fresh products or made boastful announcements.
only your biggest fans will click the +Follow button, but what ’ s better than your avatar ( aka target audience ) showing their eagerness to know the second you ’ ve released a new product on Amazon ?
When you review your concluding writer page, it ’ randomness essential to make sure the +Follow button works right.
now your writer page is finished. But, there ’ s even MORE you can do within Author Central.
Get Your Book Discovered
expect over my shoulder as I show you how to select the best keywords and categories so you ’ ll make more sales. Click here to Sign Up
Advanced Amazon Author Central Tactics & Steps
The above steps will create a legitimate-looking generator page that will help your sales. But you may face a couple of obstacles as an generator, such as being a co-author or writing under write names. We address those and some extra steps that you should consider in the list below.
1. Include all versions of your books
Make indisputable you have all versions of your books listed on your writer page. past editions. Audio. Kindle Edition. Paperback. Hardcover.
If any titles or versions are missing, it ’ s easy to fix this and claim your books.
How to Include All Versions of Your Book in Author Central
Make sure every version of your book appears in your author Central Profile, including ebooks, audiobooks, paperback, and hardbacked books.
- On the Books tab, scroll to the bottom of your bibliography and click “Add a book.”
- In the search bar, type your author name, book title, or ISBN and press Enter.
- Once you’ve found the missing title, click “This is my book” below the book. If Amazon lists your name as the author, you’re all set.
- If your name appears misspelled or you aren’t listed as an author, you’ll have to do a little troubleshooting here to get the book on your author central page.
What To Do If You Use Pen Names
If you write under a playpen name, as Dave does, Amazon will create a separate Author Page for you.
hera ’ s how to add a penitentiary list :
- Click on the “Books” tab.
- At the very top, click the link that says, “add it now.”
- Enter the title, ISBN, or pen name for your book.
- Find your book in the search results and click, “Add this book.”
- When you see a message that says, “[Author Name] is my pen name,” click “Continue.”
- Amazon will email your publisher to verify that the pen name is yours. Once verified, they’ll create a new Author Page.
once you ’ re verified, you can access your write name through the connection in the amphetamine right field corner of Author Central. You can have up to three Author Pages with different pen names, and they will not be associated with one another on Amazon in any direction. (And no, that’s not Dave’s pen name ;))
What To Do If You Co-Author a Book
If you are a co-author of any book, listen up.
There are not shared writer pages, so each writer listed as a subscriber can claim the book under their explanation. You can reference and give a associate to each other ‘s Author Pages in your biography or a web log post to partake the beloved.
here ’ s an example from co-authors S.J. Scott and Barrie Davenport. Both of their names have hyperlinks, which means they ’ ve both claimed this record. sometimes you will see lone one generator ‘s name hyperlinked, which means the other writer is missing out on the marketing potential of that product… # AuthorFail !
2. Customize your author page URL
writer Central used to have a feature of speech that allowed you to create a dressing table URL for your Author Page. But recently, they removed the ability to customize your URL, and they don ’ t have a timeline for when or if this feature of speech will return. In the meanwhile, you can sword your url to make it look more professional on your web site, social media, and newsletter. It will take your long, falsify collection of numbers, letters, and symbols and make it fairly and bare. regular url : www.amazon.com/author/dave-chesson/c/W9G3J/b ? Q_1Nj/3k-1
Branded URL : www.amazon.com/author/dave-chesson Having a fine-looking URL will help drive fans and potential readers from your web site or newsletter to your Author Profile. To brand your URL, you ’ ll necessitate to sign up for a yoke branding service. Many of them are loose, and most have premium plans if you need them. If you entirely need it for your Amazon Author Page, then a free report will be sufficient. here are a few connection branding websites that have free plans : Note: Link shorten and radio link brand are different things. Shortening will give you a short link, but it will still be a clutter of numbers and letters. Make sure you are branding your link. Learn more about the deviation in this article.
How to Craft Amazing Editorial Reviews
Creating a stunning editorial reappraisal section for your book is ONE OF THE BEST TACTICS for your Amazon book sales page — so far so many authors do n’t take advantage of it. When Dave Chesson added an editorial review like the model below, he saw an contiguous increase in bible sales.
And once you see the strategy behind it, you ‘ll understand why it works therefore well.
The editorial review section is a station on your ledger ‘s sales page where you can list reviews, comments, or testimonials that others have said about you, your book, or evening your previous books. How incredible is that for book marketing ?
The heatmap under was created by tracking the eye movements of Amazon customers. Notice how the names of publications and review outlets received the most eye dealings. That ’ second because customers care more about the authenticity of a review than what it says. here ‘s an model of a great column review for Pat Flynn ‘s Will It Fly book. Notice how he bolded the names of the reviewers. That ’ randomness because Pat wants to highlight the legitimacy of his spell. You may not know Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income ( although you very should ), but there ‘s a prospect you might know Michael Hyatt, Chris Guillebeau, Chris Ducker, etc.
So, when you ‘re scrolling through his reserve ‘s sale page, and you see a gossip by another writer you admire, it ‘s blink of an eye authenticity for Pat by proxy.
The significant trick is to include a modifier after the commentator ’ s name ( like New York Times bestselling writer ). Customers won ’ t know who the reviewer is unless you tell them. And as you can tell by looking at the heatmap, the qualifier is what customers care about the most. immediately, you may not be friends with people like Dan Miller and Josh Shipp, but that does n’t mean you ca n’t start building writer relationships with those in your writing style or niche–and I HIGHLY recommend you do.
Another choice is to show your top 5 reviews from your book. Feature them so that there is a better probability your potential customer sees those first. Check out what Derek Murphy did for his Shearwater Fiction fresh. ( PS : Is n’t he amazing at reserve covers ? ! )
so, no matter your level of networking skills, everyone has the opportunity to gather engaging editorial reviews for your reserve.
Rules for Creating an Excellent Editorial Review Section
- Include between 6-10 reviews.
- Always include the name of the reviewer and a qualifier in bold print.
- Place the reviewer and qualifier at the end of the review.
Amazon has a number of items prohibited from the editorial review section, such as profanity, promotional materials, links, addresses, etc. You can find the complete list hera.
How to Create Beautifully Formatted Editorial Reviews
Amazon doesn ’ t allow much format in the editorial revue section. flush if you copy and paste from Word, you could get an mistake message stating that you have invalid HTML tag.
Thankfully, Dave created a free instrument to help you create beautifully formatted column reviews that won ’ thyroxine gun trigger any erroneousness messages when you add them to your book ’ randomness sales foliate. here ’ s how to use it : 1. On Kindlepreneur.com, pawl on “ Tools ” in the top navigation bar.
2. From the dropdown menu, choice “ Book Description Generator. ” 3. At the lead of the generator, choice “ Amazon Editorial Review. ” 4. Add your reviews to the textbook corner, add icons, and adjust the format until you ’ rhenium satisfy.
5. Click the orange “ Generate My Code ” button.
6. Copy the code and follow the steps in the future department to add it to your Author page.
How to Add Editorial Reviews to Your Author Page
here ’ s how to add the editorial reviews to your page.
- In Author Central, click the “Books” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the book you want and select the correct edition (each edition is updated separately).
- Select “Edit book details.”
- Next to Review, click “Add.”
- Click the yellow “Edit HTML” button on the top of the text box.
- Copy and paste the code from the Kindlepreneur Editorial Review Generator. (If you didn’t use the generator, stay in “Compose” mode and type (or copy and paste) it in by hand. And, if you are entering From the Author, From the Inside Flap, From the Back Cover, or About the Author, you don’t need to enter a source.)
- Click “Preview” and “Save” changes when you’re happy with the review.
If you want to learn more about the column review section or the inquiry that went into creating the heatmap, read Dave ’ mho article, The Art and Science to Amazon Editorial Reviews.
Note: Only books on Amazon.com ( US market ) can set up editorial reviews.
Make Your International Author Pages
once you have your professional Author Page set, don ’ thymine forget to set up and optimize your page for external markets.
You could miss out on heaps of sales if you ignore the international record marke t. There are 13 Amazon markets worldwide. not all of them have writer Central yet, but there are at least four, in addition to the U.S. Amazon web site.
Visit the sites below, translate ( if you ’ re using a Chrome browser, there ’ s a translate option at the top of the page ), and repeat the steps above, starting with setting up your generator Central account. Amazon automatically creates Author Pages for the trace countries a long as your books are available there :
even though you can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate customize your Author page for these countries, they will update automatically to reflect active marketplaces. so if you update your Amazon.com Author Page, your page in Spain will besides update to include the lapp information. here ’ s how you can see what your author Page looks like on each market.
- In Author Central, click “Home.”
- Under the section labeled Author Page, use the drop-down menu to select which country you want to see.
- Click the blue “Go” button.
Bonus: Don’t forget to download our free printable checklist to creating the perfect Author Central Page.
Download the checklist here : Do n’t forget to download our release printable checklist to creating the perfect Author Central Page .
Now You’re Ready To Have A Rockin’ Professional Author Page Too
There you have it, folks, a detail drumhead of the most critical features in Amazon Central and everything you need to create a professional Author Page.
Having a polished and complete page in Amazon Central will help readers promptly find other books you ’ ve written. You ’ ll get more fans on social media, drive more traffic to your web site, increase your Amazon Best Seller Rank, and create more lifelong fans of your products and stigmatize.
If you don ’ thyroxine already have a fantastic Amazon Author Page, what are you waiting for ?
If you have an Author Page already, post a radio link to it in the comments. We ’ five hundred sexual love to see what you ’ re doing to spice up your generator foliate. Cheers,