Paying taxes in the Netherlands

clientele owners in the Netherlands must pay occupation tax in the Netherlands, which can include taxes on income, dollar volume and profit, municipal taxes, and environmental taxes. If you own an external business, you may besides have to pay import levies. Contact the dutch Tax and Customs Administration ( Belastingdienst ) for detailed information on the dutch tax system for businesses. numerous business tax schemes are available to business owners in the Netherlands, but everyone calm needs to pay tax. For example, anyone in clientele has to file annual tax returns : either income tax ( inkomstenbelasting ) or bodied tax ( vennootschapsbelasting ) .

business registration

Your clientele will be mechanically registered with the Tax and Customs Administration when you register with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce ( KVK ) in the Business Register ( Handelsregister ). It is a mandatary prerequisite to register your ship’s company if it has any form of permanent institution in the Netherlands. If you represent a foreign company that is not listed in the dutch Business Register ( without a permanent institution ) and you perform services on its behalf in the Netherlands, you will have to register with the Tax and Customs Administration yourself. You will find the foreign companies registration shape on the Tax and Customs Administration web site .

tax incentives

In the web site department Tax schemes you can find data about allowances, exemptions from premium payments or premium discounts, tax rebates, and deductible expenses.

Most common taxes

Below we have listed the most common occupation taxes in the Netherlands .

Turnover tax (btw) / Value added tax (VAT)

turnover tax or VAT ( btw ) is a phase of upset tax ( omzetbelasting ) that you add to most – but not all – goods and services your commercial enterprise sells in the Netherlands ( 0 %, 9 %, or 21 % ). You can normally reclaim the VAT that your business pays on the goods and services it purchases. employee turnover tax returns can be filed either monthly, quarterly, or annually. Read how to file your VAT recurrence. If your occupation is established outside the Netherlands, but trades in the Netherlands ? You will still have to deal with Dutch VAT rules. The rules that apply to businesses outside the Netherlands differ from the rules applicable to businesses in the Netherlands.

Income tax in the Netherlands

If you are a sole trader or a partner in a commercial partnership ( Vennootschap onder Firma, vof ), and the Tax and Customs Administration considers you to be in commercial enterprise ( read more about that in the article Are you an entrepreneur ? ), you ‘ll have to pay income tax ( inkomstenbelasting ) on your business profits. The Tax and Customs Administration applies versatile criteria to determine your accurate status, e.g. anticipate profitableness, business practices, autonomy, personal hazard, etc. Read more about filing your income tax return .

Corporate tax rates in the Netherlands

If you own a private specify company ( besloten vennootschap, bv ) or public limited company ( naamloze vennootschap, nevada ), you will have to file returns for corporate income tax in the Netherlands on behalf of your company ( vennootschapsbelasting ). Foundations, charities, and associations entirely have to file returns for corporate tax in the Netherlands in specific situations. You may be exempt, depending on your profit levels. Read more about filing your pot tax fall. Check out the corporate tax rates in the Netherlands on

Dutch dividend tax

As a private or public limited party ( besloten vennootschap, bv / naamloze vennootschap, nevada ) you may decide to distribute profits to your shareholders. This normally takes the shape of a dividend. If so, you ‘ll besides have to pay Dutch dividend tax ( dividendbelasting ) .

Business tax advice for foreign companies

If you already own a business outside the Netherlands and are planning to open a ramify in the Netherlands, get in touch with the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency ( NFIA ). The NFIA has brochures about the dutch tax system and has offices located around the populace where you can talk to an adviser in person .

Compare taxes in Europe

If you are looking into which country you want to move to, and want to compare taxes and tax rates in the EU, you can use the If you are looking into which country you want to move to, and want to compare taxes and tax rates in the EU, you can use the european Commission Search Tax instrument .

beginning :
Category : How