1. Log In to Facebook & Click Create a New Page
Shortcut: Log in to Facebook > Create > Page
Facebook clientele pages are created using your personal Facebook account, so you ’ ll need to first log in to your Facebook report ( or create one if you don ’ t already have one ). adjacent, find and click the “ Create ” push button on the right-hand side of the blasphemous toolbar and a drop-down tilt will appear. Select the first option, “ Page, ” to create your Facebook clientele page.
2. Enter Your Business Information
Shortcut: Input Page Name > Category > Description > Click “ Create Page ”
On the following sieve input your basic business information, including your page name ( normally your business name ), category, and a brief description of your business. When done, click the “ Create Page ” button at the bottom of the screen .
3. Upload Your Profile Picture & Cover Photo
Shortcut: Upload Profile Picture > Upload Cover Photo
future, upload a profile painting and a cover photograph. Businesses normally use their logo as a profile picture, but you may use any photograph that represents your occupation and post. For example, a actual estate agent will often use their professional headshot as their profile report, quite than the logo of their brokerage house. When done, click the “ Save ” release at the bottom .
Make indisputable your cover photograph is visually appeal and example of your business. To avoid sizing issues, habit Canva to create your cover photograph. It ’ randomness free to use and has dozens of predesigned templates you can use to easily make your shroud photograph. For Facebook business page design ideas and inspiration, check out our list of Facebook foliate templates .
4. Add Relevant Information & Customize Your Business Page
Shortcut: Go to “ Add More Information ” > click the “ Get Started ” button
next, build out your Facebook commercial enterprise page ’ south content with more details about your company, its operations, and what it offers. To start, scroll down and find the section labeled “ Add More Information ” and click the comparable “ Get Started ” push button .
This is where you add information that tells readers more about your business, from ways to contact you to your products, services, or menu. Be certain to complete all sections, as it may be a potential customer ’ s first point of mention for your business .
Enter all relevant information, including your business ’ web site address, hours of operation, address and directions ( if your party has a physical shop, office, or placement ), and main reach information. last, make sure you give page visitors a way to engage with your occupation using relevant call-to-action ( CTA ) buttons and integrations, which can be anything from your customer relationship management system, such as Zoho, to email marketing, such as Mailchimp, or your on-line store if you ’ re using Shopify .
The more information you add to these elements of your page, the more searchable content your Facebook clientele page has. In turn, this makes it more likely that your page will be found when person searches for related contented, such as services, products, or businesses like yours on Facebook .
Learn more about each of the ways in which you can customize your Facebook Business page :
Shortcut: Click the “ + Add a Button ” > Select an action from the list
Add a Button
Be sure to add one or more call-to-action ( CTA ) buttons when creating a Facebook business page. These are displayed to page visitors in the lead right-hand of your page below your cover photograph, alike to a navigation menu. They give visitors a means to easily take a specific action, such as follow, set an order, workshop now, book now, call option immediately, learn more, apply, sign up, or send e-mail .
To add a button, click the blasphemous “ + Add a Button ” choice on the left side of your page below your cover persona. then, choice which action you want your visitors to take, and follow the prompts to complete the setup. here are the types of CTA buttons you can add to your Facebook business page :
- Apply Now
- Book Now
- Buy Tickets
- Call Now
- Contact Us
- Donate Now
- Get Directions
- Get Offer
- Get Quote
- Get Showtimes
- Install Now
- Learn More
- Like Page
- Listen Now
- Open Link
- Order Now
- Play Game
- Request Time
- See Menu
- Send Message
- Send WhatsApp Message
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Use App
- View Event
- Watch More
Including relevant CTA buttons can help you generate more leads, and consequently, increase sales. For detail instructions, refer to Facebook ’ s call-to-action instructions for the latest guidance on how to add a button to your Facebook business page .
Shortcut: Click “ More ” > “ Edit Tabs ” > Toggle tabs on/off
Read more: How to file a car insurance claim
Facebook business pages can be customized to include different tabs, or menu options, from the left-hand side of the page. You can configure which check are displayed by changing your occupation page ’ south template or editing tabs individually .
To do this, pawl on the “ More ” release from your business page, and then select “ Edit Tabs ” from the options. On the succeed screen, you can change your template and choose which tabs you want to display on your page using the on/off toggle for each check. You can besides reorder tabs by dragging and dropping them .
hera are the types of pill you can add to your Facebook business page :
Tabs give you the ability to organize and share photos, videos, announcements, and other engaging content about your business. They besides give page visitors more ways to engage with your business, such as leaving a rave review or joining a group. For more detailed information and the latest templates and tabs, refer to Facebook ’ randomness instructions for managing check .
Configure Advanced Settings
On the left-hand side of the riddle are many options for far customizing your Facebook occupation foliate. For example, multiple people may need access to your page, such as a social media coordinator responsible for publishing posts and a residential district coach who moderates your Facebook group. You can give other Facebook users access with unlike character permissions under “ Page Roles. ”
You can besides do other things like configure messaging settings, connect WhatsApp, or even sell event tickets. While not all options will be relevant to every occupation ( and their goal of using Facebook ), it ’ second worth familiarizing yourself with the available options to find those which suit your business, your goals, and your hearing .
5. Promote Your Business Page
now that you ’ ve created your new Facebook business page, it ’ randomness time to put it to work. To do this, you ’ ll need to promote it. There are a number of ways to get your business page out there and visible on-line. To start, invite the people in your personal Facebook friend list to “ Like ” your new business page. This will help you immediately acquire an audience .
You need to be systematically active on Facebook in orderliness to effectively promote your page, grow an hearing, and market your occupation. not only do you want to be consistent in posting on your page, but you should besides be actively participating in groups where members of your target audience are probable spending their meter .
If you don ’ t have the time ( or if you ’ re like some, the interest ) to manage your business page yourself, consider leaving it to the experts. You may be surprised to learn that you can hire a professional to manage social media on your behalf on Fiverr for arsenic little as $ 5 .
You can promote your page in a numeral of different ways, and for maximum benefit, you ’ ll want to use them in combination. here are several ways to promote a Facebook occupation foliate :
- Share it on your other social accounts (e.g., Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and so on)
- Link to it on your business website
- Add it as a social link in your professional email signature
- Connect your business’ Instagram account (or create one and link them)
- Link your Facebook business page to your Google My Business Page
- Add a link to your Facebook business page on all of your online business directory profiles (e.g., Yelp, Angi, industry directories, trade show listings, and more)
- Join and engage with relevant groups and individuals on Facebook
- Post share-worthy content so page followers engage with and share your posts
While it ’ south easy to create a Facebook business page, it can be a challenge for small businesses to use it efficaciously as a market cock. Creating a Facebook business page is alone the foremost footstep to using Facebook market for your occupation. Businesses that use Facebook well invest time and effort into using it strategically .
Next Steps: How to Use Facebook for Business
To get the most out of your Facebook commercial enterprise page, people need to know about it. If you are managing your Facebook selling yourself, you can extend your page and mail strive by using targeted Facebook Ads and joining relevant Facebook groups. You should besides create an optimization scheme to ensure you ’ re constantly working to further improve your page and better reach your target audience .
here are respective ways your business should use Facebook for brand build, lead genesis, and sales :
- Link your Facebook business page to your website: Be sure your Facebook business page links to your website. Most commonly, businesses include a link to their Facebook business page in the footer or header, making the link accessible from any web page. Some also embed Facebook widgets displaying the number of page followers and a button to “Like” the business’ Facebook page into the website footer or blog sidebar.
- Advertise on Facebook: Facebook advertising is an affordable advertising tool where you only pay for the clicks your ad receives. It is also unique because you can target extremely specific audiences through sophisticated ad targeting. Your ads are shown to precisely the people you need to reach, giving you exposure to the right people. As another paid advertising option, consider Facebook sponsored posts.
- Get listed in Google’s organic results: Ranking on the first page of Google search results can be difficult for small businesses, but creating a page for your business on Facebook (and other online directories like Yelp and Google My Business) increases the chance of your business ranking higher in search results. Learn more about how to rank on Google.
- Market your business online for free: If done right, you can also see results from marketing your Facebook page without having to pay a dime. You can do this by sharing content like videos, blog posts, and images that garner your audience’s attention and get likes, comments, and shares (which extend your page’s reach).
- Connect with your customers: Use posts to tell page followers what’s new with your business, share interesting articles you think they would enjoy, and provide helpful tips and advice. Remember also to regularly respond to comments left on your posts and questions from your followers in order to build relationships.
- Build awareness through Facebook groups: Facebook groups can be a great opportunity for businesses to increase their exposure and build brand awareness. Find relevant Facebook groups and actively participate in them.
- Enlist your team: You and your team can increase your page’s reach organically by interacting with posts shared, including liking, commenting, and resharing posts. Pages with higher engagement get more reach on Facebook.
last, plan to endlessly optimize your Facebook business page. Optimization involves changing one component at a time to test any change in operation. For exercise, try sporadically changing elements of your page, like your profile painting, covering photograph, or your main call-to-action clitoris. Optimization leads to higher engagement, more followers, and ultimately, more sales. Learn more about how to use Facebook for clientele .
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get my Facebook business page verified?
Getting a Facebook occupation page verified is bare. Go to “ Settings ” and cluck “ General. ” Select “ Page Visibility ” and then click “ Edit. ” Next, choose the choice to “ Verify This Page. ”
record a publicly listed call number for your commercial enterprise angstrom well as your country and terminology. Choose “ Call Me now ” and Facebook will call your business ’ public phone number with a verification code. record that code into the screen and snap “ Continue ” to complete the confirmation process .
How do I engage my Facebook followers?
Make sure you are systematically posting good contentedness that is interest, timely, and relevant to your audience, and reply to comments, questions, and messages cursorily. From there, hone in on the best times to post by looking at date levels by days and times in your page ’ s Insights .
Generate page activity. promote followers to leave comments by asking questions in your posts or posting surveys and polls. Incentivize page likes and post shares with contests or extra offers. Check out more tips about how to engage followers and get more Facebook likes .
How much does Facebook advertising cost?
advertise costs vary because Facebook is an ad “ auction ” where ad display basically goes to the highest bidder. The more competition for a particular audience, the more it will cost per suction stop or reach. In general, costs-per-click ( CPCs ) range from under $ 1 to a much as $ 10 or higher ; however, the average CPC is just $ 1.86.
Read more: When Can You File Taxes? | H&R Block
Facebook is typically regarded as an low-cost digital advertise platform that can fit closely any business ’ budget. Get more details on how much Facebook advertise costs .
Facebook business pages can be a big way for your business to build its professional bearing on-line, enabling you to connect with customers on a more personal degree and to reach new ones. It is release to create and very easy to set up, however, if you find that your business page international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine looking or functioning quite how you ’ d like, consider leaving it to the pros. You can find a freelancer Facebook selling or graphic design technical for vitamin a little as $ 5 on Fiverr .
You Might Also Like…
- Drive more sales using social media by learning how to sell products on Facebook.
- If you don’t already have a site, learn how to build a small business website.
- Thinking about digital advertising? Find out which is right for your business in our Facebook Ads vs Google Ads comparison.